File(s) not publicly available

Energy scenario : production, consumption and prospect of renewable energy in Australia

Australia is the world’s 9th largest energy producer, 17th largest consumer of non-renewable energy resources and ranks 18th on a per person energy consumption basis. Australia’s energy consumption is primarily composed of non-renewable energy resources (coal, oil, gas and related products), which represent 96% of total energy consumption. Renewables, the majority of which is bioenergy (wood and wood waste, biomass, and biogas) combined with clear energy namely wind, solar hot water, solar electricity, hydroelectricity account for the remaining 4% consumption. Australia’s renewable energy resources are largely undeveloped which can contribute directlyto the Australian economy. In this article, a review of literature on energy scenario is presented and discussed. Australia’s total energy production, consumption, storage and export (including renewable and non-renewable) data has been analyzed and discussed in this study. The main objective of the study is to analyze the prospect of renewable energy in Australia. This study concludes that Australian economy will grow faster if its undeveloped renewable energies can be used efficiently for electricity generation and transport sector.

Funding

Category 1 - Australian Competitive Grants (this includes ARC, NHMRC)

History

Volume

2

Issue

4

Start Page

19

End Page

25

Number of Pages

7

eISSN

2327-5901

ISSN

2327-588X

Location

United States

Publisher

Scientific Research Publishing

Language

en-aus

Peer Reviewed

Yes

Open Access

No

External Author Affiliations

Not affiliated to a Research Institute; School of Engineering and Technology (2013- );

Era Eligible

Yes

Journal

Journal of power and energy engineering.