Richardson, S & Koay, F 2010, 'The importance of staff benefits: a case study of the Dorsett Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia', Asian Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 4, no. 1.
Please use this identifier to link to the item: http://hdl.cqu.edu.au/10018/915951
- The importance of staff benefits : a case study of the Dorsett Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Richardson, Scott.
- Koay, Felice.
- Resource Type
- Journal Article.
- Manila : Rex Publishing Co.,
- The study uses a case study approach to study the employee benefits offered by one hotel, the Dorsett Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur, a four star hotel located in the Golden Triangle area of Kuala Lumpur. The study also aims to identify respondent’s perceptions on employee benefits in general. The study has identified that employees claim that the most important benefits that should form part of a company’s employee benefits system are “medical limit”, “insurance coverage”, “festival cash advance”, “yearly pay increases” and “annual leave”. These five benefits are seen as the most important benefits employees are looking for when considering a new position as well as the benefits that provide the greatest motivation to staff in their daily duties. “Training and development” is also identified as an important motivating factor.
- Copyright © 2007 Rex Publishing Co.
- Asian journal of tourism and hospitality research. Manila : Rex Publishing Co., 2010. Vol. 4, no. 1 (2010), p. 58-69 12 pages Refereed 1908-8388
- ACQUIRE [electronic resource] : Central Queensland University Institutional Repository.
- Employee fringe benefits
- Pure basic research.
- 900399 Tourism not elsewhere classified.
- 1506150699 Tourism not elsewhere classified.
- Hospitality industry
- Employee benefits -- Flexible benefit system -- Malaysia -- Hospitality
- Journal Article.